The beauty of the natural environment?
See the beauty and the wonders of life in its wildest form!
Even just for a day or two, get that satisfaction of being truly part of wildlife, feel the Featherdale Wildlife Experience!
Fun Facts About Featherdale
Absolutely kid-friendly. The location is secure and supervised. Thus, it is definitely a good place to teach and entertain (and even exhaust) the kids.
The park is the home to nine (9) Tiger Quolls, the largest remaining carnivorous marsupial. Tiger Quolls are now part of the endangered or threatened species, depending on the region.
The park was once a poultry farm with seven (7) acres of land that was originally bought by Charles and Marjorie Wigg in 1953.
Featherdale Wildlife Park is one of the best wildlife parks and zoos. It has received a number of awards including the 2016 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence.
Top 10 Attractions in-and-around Featherdale
In and about Featherdale, there is a lot to do and see. Before or after heading to Featherdale Wildlife Park, take the opportunity to roam through attractions near the park to enjoy more of Australia.
10. Western Sydney Parklands
Western Sydney Parklands offers a place to appreciate the environment in the heart of Western Sydney. With the different activities in the Parklands, you will never get bored. Hike or bike the trails. Spend time with family enjoying a picnic, or taking part in restoring the ecosystem.
9. Blacktown Showgrounds
Blacktown Showgrounds is a venue for the family to enjoy nature's beauty. Roam around the grounds. Play basketball. Let your kids enjoy the playgrounds. These are just some of the activities that you can do in Blacktown Showgrounds. After tiring activities, you can relax and picnic with the family.
8. Westpoint Blacktown
Westpoint Blackdown shopping center has items to meet that is just right for everyone’s needs. It’s one of the largest shopping centers, providing everything from shopping and food to services. Complete and affordable, this is what Westpoint has to offer.
7. Nurragingy Reserve
Nurragingy Reserve offers a venue for picnics and barbecue. It also has playgrounds for the kids to enjoy, a Chinese garden, tracks for bush walking, and gardens worthy of photography. Take advantage of several venues within the reserve to host a special events.
6. Blacktown International Sports Park
This first-class international sporting facility was built as a playing and training venue. The sports park attracts more than 750000 people annually with numerous popular events. You can also rent various facilities and function rooms as well for special events.
Eastern Rd, Rooty Hill, Blacktown, New South Wales 2766, Australia.Blacktown International Sports Park+61 2 9839 6591
5. Blacktown Arts Centre
Australia’s leader in developing contemporary arts, Blacktown Arts Centre is an artistic innovation. Events supported by the Arts Centre include: the curated program of performances, workshops, exhibits, and special arts events.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities are at the heart of the center's program to create work based on current issues of local and global importance.
4. Wet n’ Wild Sydney
Wet n’ Wild Sydney is the biggest and the best water theme park for kids of all ages. The park has a wide range of unusual slides never seen in other places. You might also want to visit the awesome beach with the sandy white shores and no sharks!
3. Formula Ford Experience by Anglo MotorSport
Looking for a real driving experience? Drive like a pro car racer! Be in the ultimate race car driving experience… Formula Ford Experience is the place to go. Feel the car respond to your every tiny move as you actually drive a real F1-style Formula Race Car from Ford.
6/173 Power Street, Glendenning, Blacktown, New South Wales 2000, Australia.Formula Ford Experience+61 2 9677 9003
2. Blacktown Markets
Fond of bargains? Ready to roam around looking for extraordinary deals on a wide range of different items and unusual goods? Blacktown Sunday Market is perfect just for that kind of activity. Find a diverse mix of anything and everything in this market, from old to new, vintage to contemporary, and even rare collectibles.
There are a lot of stalls ready to offer you their products. Garage sales are also available. Not only will the adults love this place, Blacktown Market is also a happy, fun place for kids.
Cricketers Arms Road, Prospect, Blacktown, New South Wales 2148, Australia.Blacktown Markets+61 2 9747 1986
1. Featherdale Wildlife Park
Of course, Featherdale Wildlife Park is one of the biggest tourist attractions in all of Australia. There, you get to spend some one-on-one time with different animals. Hang out with wombats. Have breakfast with a koala. Enjoy nature, appreciate the wildlife.
217 - 229 Kildare Rd | Doonside, Blacktown, New South Wales 2767, Australia.Featherdale Wildlife Park+61 2 9622 1644
Top Activities in Featherdale (Australia)
- Private Animal Encounter – Immerse yourself with the best wildlife experience. Have a private encounter with the animal of your choice: a mammal, a reptile, or birds. You will be allowed to choose three (3) animals within the group. Each group includes the following:
- Birds - Sulphur-crested cockatoo, red-tailed black cockatoo, major Mitchell, bush stone curlew. The session time for birds – 9:30 AM
- Reptiles – You have the choice of a large snake, small snake, bearded dragon, shingle-back. Session times are 10:45 AM and 11:15 AM)
- Mammals – Choose to experience a wallaby or maybe a kangaroo, ringtail possum, or a wombat. Session times for mammals are during the afternoons, 1:30 PM and 2 PM
- Zookeeper Walkabout – These are done daily in small group tours. This is a forty-five-minute educational experience that starts 11 AM daily. Learn about Featherdale's history of caring for Australia's wildlife. Get to pick the brains of the zookeeper while enjoying the flurry of the animals around.
- Personal Koala Experience – Don’t leave Australia without experiencing a koala, Australia’s famous icon. Meet and pet a koala at Featherdale. You’ll also have a chance to go home with a souvenir photo to cherish from the encounter.
- Breakfast with a Koala – It’s a breakfast that you will never forget. Start your day with a fluffy koala by your side and a knowledgeable zookeeper to answer your questions to satisfy your curiosity about these wonderful creatures. Have your continental breakfast and dine with the koala.
Top Events in Featherdale (Australia)
- Birthday parties in Featherdale are a big blast for kids. They will surely enjoy a party with Australia’s native animals in attendance.
- Want to experience a different kind of Christmas? Featherdale offers unforgettable Christmas packages for Christmas parties Why not book your office or family Christmas party at Featherdale?
- Tired of the usual setting for a meeting or conference? Dreading yet another boring office function? Go ahead. Book your corporate event in Featherdale. The park offers you a place to discuss business in an unusual setting. Check out the packages available for corporate events.
- Mother’s Day/Father’s Day Special – Celebrate this special day to thank your parents with a wildlife experience. Free entry for mommies on Mom’s Day.
- Celebrate the winter school holiday at Featherdale with free entry for kids. This is usually done for the month of July.
What to Eat in Featherdale (Australia)
A trip is not complete without good food. One of the first things that we check out when we travel is the food, where to eat and what’s best to eat. There are quite a number of choices in Australia for good food even if you choose to be vegetarian in your options.
However, in and around the park, you have some options for your vegetarian cravings as well. Here are some that you can check out:
Fountain Vegetarian Asian Dishes
If you are in the mood for some Asian vegetarian dish, visiting Fountain Vegetarian would be a great choice. This vegetarian restaurant specializes in pure vegetarian cuisine and is designed for those health-conscious individuals taking a break from meat choices.
Organic Choices from Veggie House
The menu in Veggie House is mostly locally produced. They also try to have them all organic in Nature. Even the drinks they serve are organic. Be sure to try the Organic Cola.
Carlington Vegetarian Cuisine has a wide range of vegan dishes to offer. Sumptuous and delicious options to choose from. One can find platters of deep-fried dishes to hot pots of veggies and veggie ducks.
Getting to Featherdale (Australia)
How can you reach Featherdale Wildlife Park? There are several options. Public transport is one option.
Just in case you want to be adventurous and get around the city via public transport, you can get to Featherdale Park by taking the North Shore and Western line to Blacktown Station. Just outside the station, go and find yourself a seat in Bus E and make sure to take Bus 729 and in 10 minutes, this ride will drop you off right outside the Park’s gates.
If you have a car, you have several options to choose from. One can go via the M4, via the M2 and M7, and via the M5 and M7.
Via M4: From the City, Inner West, and Greater West. When you’re from the City, North Shore, and Northern Beaches, you can reach the park via M2 and M7. And take M5 and M7 if you want to go straight from the Sydney Airport, South Sydney, and Sutherland Shire.
Getting around and about in Featherdale (Australia)
There are several tourist attractions in and around Featherdale Wildlife Park. If you choose to spend just less than a day in the park, you will still be able to go around and see some other sights. Driving is obviously one option to get to your next destination but there is also a choice of public transport.
Inside the seven-acre park, how do you get to one place and another? You can always hike your way around. You don’t have to worry. The pathways are paved and there are plenty of shaded areas that one can rest along the way. Double-gated entry is available for easy access. There are plenty of staff members around to help out. The park is also wheelchair friendly and there are facilities that are disabled friendly and there is disabled access available.
Where to Stay in Featherdale (Australia)
Visitors have different choices of where to stay near Featherdale Wildlife Park. Blacktown seems to be the town of choice. It is close to the park and offers quite a number of attractions to visit as well.
Here are some of the hotels and accommodations.
List of Recommended Souvenirs
Here are some recommended items to take home:
Top Tips for Travelers Traveling to Featherdale (Australia)
- Guard your credit cards and cell phone. Travelers can be easy marks for pickpockets. Store your passport in a hotel safe and use a money belt for your cash. Summer is said to be one of the best times to go to Australia. Summer in the southern hemisphere is winter in the northern hemisphere so thing: December to March.
- Don’t expect to be surrounded by kangaroos and koalas (http://www.drinkteatravel.com/australia-travel-tips/). But do not forget to experience them in their natural habitat. A visit to Featherdale Wildlife Park will do the trick.
- Tipping is not required or expected in Australia. If you’re feeling generous, or you want to reward great service, then do tip. But, otherwise, there’s no set expectation. Workers are paid well in Australia .
- Stock up on sunblock. It's great to be under the sun, lazing away on a beach, or enjoying nature but an excess of anything is bad for you. Take precautions so a sunburn does not spoil your vacation.
Enjoying Featherdale (Australia) on a Budget
- Book cheap airfare. Use low budget airlines and book in advance. You will get better deals by checking out deals on travel sites
- Stay in cheaper hotels or bed and breakfasts. There are accommodations out there that offer a quality stay at a much lower cost. It may also help if you get to couch surf or check out AirBnB.
- Drive or travel with a companion This would be cheaper and you’ll enjoy the company.
- Get a local sim. This will save you a lot of overseas charges
- Go to nature parks and hang out at the beach. Shop at local markets and prepare picnic lunches. These a more fun, more adventurous, and more cost-saving
Day Trips from Featherdale (Australia)
The trips listed below can take up to eleven hours:
Visitor Information & Useful Links
Tourist Offices in Featherdale (Australia)
Emergency Contact Numbers
Ambulance Bookings: 13 12 33
Emergency Dental Info (after hours): 9369 1111
Emergency Prescription Service: 9235 0333
Poisons Information Hotline: 13 11 26